Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hannover!

     I just got back today from the most insane, crazy, amazing weekend ever. There were over 70 inbounds, rebounds, and Rotex, and from the moment we met up in the bahnhof it was one huge party. Just like last time, we slept for about 3 hours a night, so Im not really looking forward to school tomorrow. But it was completely worth it.
     Exchange students are the craziest people I know, myself included. We are loud and probably everyone else finds us obnoxious, but none of them have as much fun as we do (you dont see them dancing in the streets.) Ill say now that Im extremely tired, so this post will probably be all over the place and wont make much sense.
     Friday I took the train to Hannover with Katharina (a rebound who spent last year in Mexico- she lives in Helmstedt and also goes to Julianum), Ana, Karla, and Emily. Ana-Brazil, Karla-Mexico, Emily-Indianna. We all are hosted by Rotary Club Helmstedt. We met up with all the other inbounds in the Hannover Hauptbahnhof (bahnhof is the train station). Katharina is very nice, but because there are lots of Latin Americans in my district from Mexico, Argentina, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil, she would always forget that Im American and start talking to me in Spanish. I just respond "Katharina, kein Spanisch!"
     A funny thing here is that the music that Germans listen to is mostly American, but there are lots of American songs and artists that Ive never heard of- they arent popular in America. I like hearing all the songs in Spanish and Portugese because theyre fun to dance to. Thats why we stay awake so much; we dance all night long.
    So my last post was obsessive about Feodora, but Im not going to buy it anymore because I found something even better! We had an hour of free time Saturday nachmittag, so I walked with Anton (Australia) Julian (rebound, went to Texas last year), Sarah (Alaska), Sarah (Ohio) and Katharina about 3 kilometers through Hannover to a Lidl because the boys wanted to buy redbull. I found delicious dark chocolate for 0,29€! Thats insanely cheap. Feodora is 1,25€. This might be a bad thing though, because it just makes it easier/cheaper for me to eat junk food.
     All right, Im about to pass out, so Ill try and write more later this week. Gute Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment