Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Chocolate Love Affair

      Guten Tag! Have I mentioned that I am completely in love with Feodora chocolate? Seriously, when I come back to America Im going to fill a suitcase with it. The superior semi-dark chocolate bars are to DIE for.
     While Im on the subject of choclate, the other day when I was coming home from Magdeburg I stopped at the Marktkauf to see if I could find the Feordora bars there instead of always going to the Chocolata Confisirie, a specialty choclate chain store. Marktkauf is a grocery store thats right next to my bus stop and two blocks from my house. I didnt find it, but what I did discover is just is good, if not better. But this needs a back story, so here it is.
     I dont know if every family in Germany does this, but my family, the Wickes, have brötchen and croissants every morning for breakfast. My host siblings and dad always put nutella on theirs, my host mom uses marmalade and Ive been using peanut butter with bananas. I cant eat nutella, because if you dont know, Im a vegan. Anyway, I have been very jealous of the choclatey goodness being consumed for BREAKFAST every day. For breakfast! Why dont we do this in America?
     So, back to the real story. I found " Brinkers Chocolate Symphony N°2 Dunkel Schokolade". Its a dark chocolate spread, 100% vegan. Know what this means? I can eat chocolate for breakfast EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I was extremely excited. Still am, really.
      Speaking of edible deliciousness, have I mentioned my love affair with brötchen? Brötchen, brötchen, brötchen. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... And while we may have rolls in America, they arent brötchen. I swear, they do something magical to it while its cooking. Theres simply no comparison.
    I realize that this post is entirely about food, but I havent done anything exciting in the past three days, so this is it. Next time will probably be after my weekend in Hannover, so Ill have lots to write about.
     Also, if you read this and have any questions, ask me! I will tell you anything you want to know. Or you can just say hi:)
Tschüss!
   

1 comment:

  1. Ich liebe Broetchen auch! Und mit Schokolade?! Na, klar! What's not to like?! I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete