Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So I haven't posted for about 3 weeks, but I've had such an amazing time! It's been a little over a month since I got here and so far everything is perfect. I love my host family, they've really played a big part in making me feel at home here. Rotary District 1800 is I think the largest district in Germany, and there are about 70 inbounds. Last weekend was our first Rotex weekend, so we all went to Walsrode and had the most amazing time. It's the coolest group of people I've ever met. Almost everybody stayed with host families for the weekend, but there were 12 of us who RSVPed late so we stayed at the camp in hostel-style rooms. We didn't go to sleep til 5 in the morning both nights.
School here is so different from America. Everyone goes to the same school til the end of the 4th grade, and depending on your grades you either go the Gymnasium, Realschule or Hauptschule. You have a class til the end of the 10th grade, and you have every subject with the same group of students. Teachers are the ones who switch classes here, we only switch for music, science and sport. There aren't many after school activites and no sports teams like in America. But the nice thing is that I usually get out a lot earlier than in America. Mondays are my latest day: I go until 14:45. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I get out at 12:55, and Thursdays I get out at 13:55.
Right now we're going to my Oma's birthday party (she's 74), so Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment